Friday, April 20, 2018
1. Attention all boys interested in going out for baseball this year: Tryouts for students currently in 8th through 12th grade will be begin on Monday, April 30 and go through Wednesday, May 2. They will be at the HS baseball field, which is located behind Eagle Heights from 5:30-8 each day. Players must attend all three nights ensure an appropriate evaluation is completed before teams are selected. Athletes participating in a spring sport should show up for tryouts after they are released by their coach following a practice or meet. For example, if you have track practice until 5:30 p.m. come to tryouts as soon as you are released by your coach. Please plan accordingly. You must bring a white card for baseball to tryout.
2. 2018 Clinton High School Color Guard audition clinics are coming up on April 21st, 28th, and May 5th in Yourd gym from 1-4 p.m. No experience is necessary and equipment will be provided. You will learn basic flag work, body technique, and a short audition routine. All basics and routine will be taught in a group setting. Results will be announced on the evening of May 5th. Students should wear form fitting clothing and tennis shoes. Come and be a part of the 2018 CHS Color Guard.
3. Sophomores, the Gear Up Summit at Scott Community college is a great opportunity for you to learn some leadership skills. You need to sign up by Friday April 27th. Transportation will be provided. Please see Mr. Avise-Rouse to sign up.
4. Attention students taking an AP exam this May: You must attend a mandatory pre-administration meeting during homeroom on Wednesday, April 25th. We will be completing the non-testing information on your answer sheet. Please bring a #2 pencil, not a mechanical pencil. You will also receive a packet with testing information and permission slip. Most testing will occur at the Masonic Center. Questions, see Mrs. Schrader.
5. Troupe 452: We will have a brief meeting after school today in the theater for the drama students who are interested in attending International Thespian Festival.
6. Attention cheerleaders: We are having our mandatory cheer/parent meeting Monday, April 23 at 7p.m. in the library at CHS.
7. Attention Students and Staff: Don’t forget to stop by the Administration Center and see the CCSD Art Show! It will feature artwork from students in the district in grades K-12. It will run 4/21 from 10 am-4 pm, 4/22 from 12-4, and 4/23-4/25 during the administration building’s business hours. Don’t miss it!
8. Attention juniors and seniors: Sign up for Prom continues through May 4th using Google Chrome at: tinyurl.com/RiverKingProm. Please take care of all office, library, and lunch fees. Out of School Date Forms MUST be returned by April 28th. No exceptions!
9. Three new scholarships have been added to the Scholarship Drawer in the counseling office. The Kidguard Scholarship and the Bi-Annual $1000 scholarships are for anyone to apply for. The Double-I Antique Auto scholarship is for seniors only. Stop by the counseling office if you would like more information or checkout the counseling office Facebook page.
10. Last night the River King varsity track team competed in the Bettendorf ABC Relays. The Kings were led by Jaelen Boysen’s 1st place finish in the long jump. Individual second place finishes were logged by Kyle Gassman in the 3200 dash, Kendell Austin and Matt Swamberger in the 400, Swamberger in the 800, Ty McGruder in the 400 low hurdles, and Taylor Sexton in the long jump. Individual 3rd place finishes were earned by: Noah Smith and Parker Sirna in the 3200m dash, Ethan Barry in the 100, Jess Hartsock in the 110 high hurdles, Justin Wenzel in the 800, Austin in the 200, Brett Myli and Nick Hoffman in the low hurdles, J.T Cooley in the shot put and discuses, and Kaleb Galant in the shot put. The 4x200 of Alex Tholen, McGruder, Jared Simpson, and Ulysses Patterson finished 2nd. The 4x400 relay of Patterson, Brennan Weets, McGruder, and Boysen finished 3rd. Nice job Kings.
Activities for Today
CHS B SO/V SOC (H) Pleasant Valley – 5:00/7:00
Lunch for Today
Chili Dog and Hash Brown Patties
Walking Taco and Fresh Veggies with Dip