Friday, October 20, 2017
1. Attention potential wrestlers, there will be a mandatory fat test of any athlete who plans to wrestle this year on Tuesday, October 24th from 6:15 p.m - 7:15 p.m. in the wrestling room.
2. For all girls (grades 9-12) planning to play basketball this year, there will be an important registration meeting on Wednesday during Homeroom in room 149. Practice starts November 6, so time to get ready.
3. Attention all students who are interested in going out for wrestling, there is a sign-up sheet in Mr. Wempen’s room (272). Please make sure to sign up by the end of the day TODAY.
4. Attention seniors, if you did not go to the Jostens Cap and Gown meeting on Wednesday please see Mrs. Kirk in the main office as soon as possible.
5. Seniors, do you plan to attend Luther College? If so, there is one $1000 scholarship that is available to an incoming freshman at Luther College. Stop by the counseling office to hear more about this scholarship opportunity.
6. Attention winter student athletes, practices will begin soon. Stop in the main office to receive your white card to play a winter sport. Athletes must get a new white card each season. Some important dates to remember are the following:
November 6th- bowling, girls basketball, cheerleading, and boys swimming practices begin
November 13th- boys basketball and wrestling practices begin
7. Attention fall athletes, make sure you clean out your athletic locker in the athletic locker room at the end of your fall season. Athletic lockers will be cleaned and locks rotated to prepare for the winter sports.
8. Juniors, it’s time to apply for the Herbert Hoover Uncommon Student Award. The Herbert Hoover Uncommon Student Award is a $5,000 scholarship program for Iowa juniors that does not evaluate grades, test scores, essays, or financial need. Applicants must propose a project that they want to accomplish. Proposals must be submitted by March 15, 2018. Please stop by the counseling office for additional information on this scholarship opportunity for juniors.
9. Last night the River King and Queen cross country teams competed in the district meet. They competed hard against a tough field with five teams ranked in the top six. The boys were led by Noah Smith, Kyle Guilliams, and Sean Hammond. The girls were led by Lauren Buer, Keegan Cassidy, and Lexi Witherspoon. The coaching staff would like to congratulate all the athletes on a good season and remind them about the meeting on Monday at 3:20 in Coach Schneeberger’s room.
10. Attention all lovers of knowledge. It is that time of year again to be revving up the lightning fast buzzer fingers and bringing the files of unconventional knowledge to the forefronts of your brains. Yes, it is time to assemble the infamous CHS Quiz Bowl Team. Practices will be at 3:15 in the commons on the following dates:
Monday, October 23rd Thursday, October 26th
Monday, October 30th Thursday, November 2nd
You must be present for at least 2 practices to be considered for the team. If circumstances beyond your control will not allow you to be there, please see Mrs. Schrader in the counseling office.
Activities for Today
CHS SO/V FB (A) Muscatine – 5:00/7:00
Lunch for Today
Fish Patty on a Bun and Natural Crisp Fries
Chicken Parmesan, Italian Vegetables, and a Breadstick