Wednesday, March 21, 2018
1. Attention seniors: Jostens will be back at school to deliver your graduation items THIS FRIDAY, during lunch. Please remember that cash or money orders are the only forms of payments accepted on delivery day at school. If you have any questions, please call 1-800-JOSTENS.
2. Reminder, TODAY is the last day to order an AP exam. Stop by the counseling office to place your order if you haven’t done so already. The cost of each exam is $94. If you are taking the World History exam and are a sophomore then Gear-up will pay for your exam fee.
3. Attention all students: Our college of the month for March is Mount Mercy University. Mount Mercy is located in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. A representative will be here on March 22nd during all three lunches. Stop by their table to ask questions and get more information about Mount Mercy University. Seniors, if you are still undecided about a college or university it’s never too late to decide. If you have any questions stop by the school counseling office and talk with your counselor.
4. Attention Juniors and any seniors who have not complete their FAFSA: We will be hosting a “Understanding Financial Aid” seminar on Wednesday, April 4th at 6:00 p.m. in the Commons. A representative from the Iowa College Access Network will be here to explain the financial aid process, help students and parents understand college costs, financial aid options, and so much more. Juniors, remember that you should start completing your FAFSA this October. Don’t miss out on an opportunity to have your questions answered regarding one of the most important steps in going to college. If you have any questions, see your school counselor.
5. Seniors, there are numerous scholarships that will reach their deadline either during spring break or right after we return. The list is posted on the counseling office Facebook page. If you need transcripts for any of these scholarships do not wait until the last minute. The counseling office will be closed during spring break.
6. Attention Seniors, Senior Commencement speech rough drafts are due on Tuesday, April 3rd. These should be turned into Mrs. Schrader or Mrs. Pestka. Stop by the counseling office if you need additional information.
7. International Club members going on the field trip to Chicago will have a quick meeting today after school in Mrs. Krueger’s room to discuss some changes in the itinerary.
Activities for Today
Choir Community Concert
B V Soccer Scrimmage (A)-Dubuque Senior High School- 5 PM
Lunch for Today