Thursday, December 14, 2017
1. Attention seniors: We will be having our first career seminar this week. SGT. Schroeder from the Clinton County Sheriff’s department will be here tomorrow during Rise Above at 10:25. If you are interested in a career in Law Enforcement, be sure to sign up for the seminar in the school counseling office by today.
2. The freshmen student council is sponsoring “Muscles for Mussmann.” This is a campaign to help support Isaac Mussmann, a 9th grader battling cancer. We will be having the following activities at lunch every day until 12/20. -Write a postcard of well wishes to Isaac to help keep his spirits up during treatment -Minute to win it games for $1 – winners receive candy -Obstacle course teams - $10/team with 5 people on a team. There will be an obstacle course tournament held Friday, December 22nd during a pep assembly. There will be staff and student teams competing. Isaac and his family are planning on coming to watch on 12/22 so plan on wearing your Mussmann t-shirts! Please help us support Isaac and show him what the CHS family is all about.
3. Attention Seniors: We will be having special RAT/HR for seniors 12/19, 12/20, and 12/21 while all other grades are working on registration for 2018-2019. 12/19 – College Application – help completing post-secondary program applications 12/20 – FAFSA – rep. from CCC to help get things ready to complete the FAFSA and answer any questions 12/21 – Scholarships – Help regarding scholarships and time to complete scholarship applications If you have interest in attending any of these, please sign up in the school counseling office today.
4. Reminder to students and staff parking in the back lot: There are two spots reserved for “Visiting Teachers”. Those two teachers know who they are and are the only ones to be parking there. Violators will receive a ticket. Please remember if you ever receive a ticket on your vehicle, please come to the Main Office the next day.
5. Young Women’s Group will meet today right after school in the Innovation Room.
6. Juniors and seniors, don’t miss out on the opportunity to take the ACT exam for half of the normal registration fee. The test will be given by CHS on April 3, 2018. The cost is $23 and a limited number of spaces are available. To sign up for this opportunity please stop by the counseling office and pick up the ACT contract and return it to the counseling office signed by a parent or guardian along with your check or cash payment of $23. The deadline to sign-up is Friday, December 22nd. Make sure that you don’t wait until the last day and remember you need to turn in a signed contract along with your payment. This is a great opportunity you won’t want to miss out on!
Activities for Today
CHS B FR BKB (A) Davenport North - 6:00
CHS B V SW (H) Burlington – 6:00
CHS B V Wrestling Double Dual (A) Davenport Assumption – 6:00
Lunch for Today
Pork Tenderloin on a Bun, Natural Crisp Fries
Nachos & Meat Sauce, Fresh Veggies & Dip