Emphasis is placed on promoting student success by helping students find and gain life-planning skills that are consistent with their needs, interests, and abilities.
Elementary school counselors provide the following services:
- Classroom Developmental Guidance lessons
- Empathy training
- Impulse control and problem solving
- Anger management
- Personal safety
- Bully prevention
- Individual short-term counseling
- Small groups
- Academic, behavior, and attendance support
- Parental support
- Crisis support/resource and referral
The Clinton Community School Counseling Department would like to make parents aware of services in the community.
Assessment and Counseling
Basic Needs (including health needs)
These services are applicable for all families with school-aged children.